The spark of an ‘old car’ organization started with Wendell Chapelle of Rathbone and Walt Benedict of Canisteo. The idea spread to Harold Gilbert of Dansville, Caroll Burdick of Angelica and Roland, ‘Rollie’ Kemp of Andover. Others soon joined in from Bath, Corning, Elmira, Ithaca, Penn Yan, North Cohocton and Watkins Glen, New York.
The original meeting was held at the Chapelle Farms in Rathbone, New York on August 3, 1953. Chemung Valley Regions’ AACA Charter was issued October 19th, 1956.